Thursday, March 23, 2023

My Five Sources

About Me

March 13, 2022
My Top 5 Sources 


    In today's day and age, the internet is more popular and accessible than ever, and anyone can find news everywhere.  From papers, to websites, and now we can find valuable information on our favorite social media platforms. With that being said, current events that are going on can spread extremely quickly. This makes it important for people to ensure that they are informing themselves on various platforms. This avoids an unbiased perspective and guarantees for more truthful stories. When I research new things, I like to make sure the platforms I am using to find out information are credible. I feel it is important to interact with several sources and discuss with other people to form a reasonable perspective. Here are the top five sources I like to use. 

Instagram

    Instagram is one of my favorite applications that I use. It is the perfect platform to upload and share all the videos and photos you want. You are able to keep in touch with friends and show different kinds of activity on posts you come across. Although I use the app to mostly see what my friends are up to, I often find myself scrolling through several accounts that I do not even follow to discover what's new in the world. Instagram is designed to show you more of what you want to see, so it is important to remember that a lot of bias can take place. However, I have still learned a lot of new things through charts, diagrams, comments, and reels. 

Snapchat

    Snapchat is another one of my go to apps. It is the main application I use to communicate with my friends. You are able to snap a picture of what you’re doing and send it to friends, in which they reply back with what they are doing. They are also able to post stories in which all of their friends have access to viewing it. In addition, you are able to subscribe to famous people to get a closer look or what I call a behind the scenes of their life and what is going on. There are also small clips under the title “Discover”. This is basically a news feed. The section provides users with content in the story format from news publishers, also known as publishing partners, such as The Wall Street Journal, ESPN, and other content from influencers for brands.

Tik Tok

    Tik Tok is an application mostly known for funny videos, short skits, and dancing. I have actually been able to find some credible news through this platform. I am able to scroll endlessly and be informed on current pop culture events. Although Tik Tok no longer accepts political ads, it has become a strong influence in political thoughts among young adults. Again, it is important to keep in mind that these kinds of platforms tend to give you content that you want to see or agree with, however, I found the comment section to be very informative towards both sides of a story. 

Youtube

    Youtube is another one of my favorite information sources that I use to seek not only news but anything I want to know/learn about. You can look up any sort of video on any topic and find hundreds of results to inform you on. I am able to find an abundance of answers and information to any topic I want to look up. Another reason for why I love this source is because you can find videos that simplify the content and make it easier for younger adults to get a better understanding of what is going on. 

Google

    When I hear about a new current event, I find myself heading to google to learn more about it. With the internet and social media being so accessible and big in today’s society, I often find myself having a hard time trying to find credible sources on websites such as google. Fortunately, in high school, a lot of my assignments were research papers and my teachers taught us a special acronym called the “CRAAP Test” to verify credibility and narrow down the sources we needed. All in all, finding credible sources on Google may be more difficult, it is incredibly efficient and convenient to have. 


    When I hear about a new current event, I find myself heading to google to learn more about it. With the internet and social media being so accessible and big in today’s society, I often find myself having a hard time trying to find credible sources on websites such as google. Fortunately, in high school, a lot of my assignments were research papers and my teachers taught us a special acronym called the “CRAAP Test” to verify credibility and narrow down the sources we needed. All in all, finding credible sources on Google may be more difficult, it is incredibly efficient and convenient to have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 May 2, 2023 The Internet      The Internet is one of humanity's greatest achievements. Cell phones are basically computers that we have...